Bi-weekly Roundup: The Top 5 Stories in Digital Health
Greetings health communicators! We’re instating a new bi-weekly wrap up of the top news in the health and digital space – take a look and let us know what you find most useful.
1. Facebook Timeline for brands is here! And it’s coming for your page…. Are YOU ready?
Seriously, don’t panic. Here’s what you need to know about the format changes and how it will affect your strategy:
- How to prepare your new page
- Tips and cheat sheets for implementing changes from Beth Kanter
- A study on how eyes view Timeline vs. the old profiles
- For inspiration on building out your page’s history: 7 Facebook pages with killer Timelines
- Facebook: Now complete with pinning!
- Facebook’s design specs
- This article includes a sample editorial calendar from the U.S. Army’s social media strategy!
3. HHS selects Facebook app challenge winners to support emergency preparedness.
4. A Pew fact sheet on the Internet’s impact in health communications.
5. Digital health research goddess Susannah Fox applied the above Pew stats in her presentations last month on HIV/AIDS, peer-to-peer health and mobile. Check out her guest blog post on AIDS.gov recapping what she shared.